I read an interesting article yesterday, written by the wonderful Stephen King, which spoke of the importance of first lines. Much like first impressions for people, they make or break a novel (or article or indeed, blog post) and either draw the reader in, or make them feel they cannot spend a second further reading. I wholly agree and that is why I intend on making this first post the best I possibly can. A blog must begin on as good a start as any novel, especially if it is to be taken seriously (and this blog is determined to be taken seriously).
It starts from here.
My aim from here on is to describe myself, leaving very few obvious remnants of me in writing this. It has always seemed to me rather a difficult task, how to tell someone who you are without telling them who you are. But I shall make my attempt.
I know very little of life and love, living in my own mind and imaginary worlds, choosing them over the place where I was born, the people I meet. The only attraction to the life I lead in this desolate house is that of the nature, surrounding and encompassing me; not too close that I feel swallowed up and insignificant, yet not too far that I struggle to find the time to be within it. And death resides not far from my abode, locked within the gates but occasionally slithering through the cracks to lay its hands on another poor soul, destined to leave this world... Art is my love: music, fashion, photography, writing. Yet I do not love them enough to depend on them; I want to change lives through the law. I want to make it available and usable for the people who need it for their own wellbeing, not for those who use it to make money and to hurt others. The law could be an incredible power for good if we would only let it be... I love to be in new places, but not with new people. I wish to see the world and everything beautiful in it and hopefully, if all goes to plan, in a year I shall make my start, in America... My dreams are few and far between but what I desire most in this world is happiness, and I will go to the ends of the earth in order to find it.
I think that sums me up.
Is that good enough?
I hope so.
So welcome to the blog. The inauguration is complete. The blog will now take a dance with its gender-neutral significant other, and hope that their first term in office is successful, filled with happy memories and dreams come true, and that they can live to survive another.
Thank you for attending.
P.S. There will be an after-party.
No comments:
Post a Comment